How Much Do You Pay A Maid In Singapore? The salary of a maid in Singapore depends on the factors such as nationality, years of experience, skills, agency, etc. Generally, Singaporeans pay $600 – $800 SGD a month to their domestic helpers. Also, you will need to pay a levy of around $60 – $450 as of Aug 2021.
This is the minimum wage of a maid in Singapore. It may vary depending on the factors mentioned. The domestic helpers also get a pay raise every year. Please note that you DO NOT need to contribute CPF for a domestic worker.
The process of hiring a maid in Singapore comes with a set of responsibilities. To start the process, you must consult with a maid agency. They will not only understand your requirements but also so they will suggest you a maid in your budget.
There are a lot of reasons to hire a maid in Singapore. A maid is like an extra pair of hands that helps you with your household work and also takes care of your family members. There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of hiring a maid let’s have a look at them in brief.
Pros and cons of having a maid
- Relaxation – Hiring a maid gives you a lot of time to relax. Cleaning the house takes a lot of time and when you hire a maid you are free from that work. After hiring a maid you can read your favorite book or drink a glass of wine sitting in front of your television and enjoy your time. You will not have any obligation to clean your home and you can be stress-free without concerns.
- Clean house – The most obvious benefit that you get by hiring a maid is a clean house. When you clean the house you are probably in rush or distracted by thinking about your work. But when a professional cleans your house they focus only on cleaning and give you a gorgeously clean home.
- Organization – You are less stressed when you don’t have to clean your house and also, you can be more productive, you can invest the time in your hobbies like singing, dancing, reading books, listening to music, playing the guitar, etc. The hiring of a helper not only allows you to maintain your mental peace but also to organize your time and work.
- Healthy – Everybody wants a healthy and happy home and sometimes you get tired and you are not able to clean your home properly. When you hire a maid you don’t have to be tensed about all these problems. A dirty home can be an invitation for bacterias. Especially if you have kids in the home.
- Social life – you invite more people when you don’t have the stress of cleaning it after they leave. You don’t have to worry about anyone noticing a dirty kitchen or bathroom as your maid keeps your kitchen, bathroom, and entire house clean all the time.
So now you can call your neighbors, friends are family members whenever you want and enjoy your time with them.
- Extra expenses – The biggest concern while hiring a maid is the cost. A maid cleans your house but for the time and services, you have to pay a lot of money which can create financial problems sometimes.
- Things might not happen your way – You have to be very specific about the way you like things in your house. The maid may do things differently or the way they like to do it. This can cause stress. So, proper communication with your maid is very important. You must explain everything that you want before hiring a maid.
- Trust issues – It is very hard to trust a new person. Especially if you want someone to look after your household and belongings. This trust issue can be a problem and it can make you’re maid uncomfortable and your life stressful.
How Much Do You Pay A Maid In Singapore? –
How to find a good maid
It is very difficult to find a perfect and trustworthy maid for your house so, here are some tips that can help you to find one.
- Take reference- You should always ask your family, colleagues, neighbors, and friends about the housekeeper as they can suggest you with their own experiences.
- Contact agencies- One of the best options for hiring a good make is to contact an agency that can help you to find a perfect maid for your house that means you don’t have to worry about what will be your maid salary in Singapore as they are going to help you decide it.
- Interview- Make sure you take a proper interview and ask all the important questions to your maid before hiring. Questions about their past work, skills, agencies, client experiences can help you to understand them more clearly.
- Compare salary- It is very important to compare the salary of the maids depending on their skills and the duties that they are going to perform. You should always choose the maid who performs more duties in less salary.
- Decide tasks- House cleaning involves sweeping, mopping, cleaning dishes, scrubbing showers, laundry, and dusting, not every made does all of this work so it is very important to decide the duties and tasks before hiring a maid.
- Make a contract- Don’t forget to make a contract before hiring a maid. All the important information like the task and duties, salary, the holidays. Also, the duration for which the maid is going to work in your house. All these should be mention in the contract with proper signatures.
How Much Do You Pay A Maid In Singapore? – Conclusion
Hiring a maid can bring a sense of relief. But only when you have found someone who is trustworthy and knows how to do their work properly. You can find a perfect maid for your house by the tips that are mentioned above and enjoy!